Arsenal fan’s identity revealed after Roy Keane headbutting saga

Richard Bevan
Richard Bevan
3 Min Read

Arsenal fan who attacked Roy Keane is a married father of two.

It’s all went off at the Emirates on Sunday. Scott Law, a fervent Arsenal fan, suffered a broken nose after allegedly attempting to headbutt football pundit Roy Keane. After an Arsenal and Manchester United game, there was a heated argument. Police arrested Law, 42, but later released him. Keane came out uninjured but felt slightly rattled.

Eyewitnesses say Law accosted the former Manchester United midfielder for celebrating a disallowed goal from his old club. The botched headbutt reportedly landed on Keane’s shoulder, leaving the Arsenal fan’s nose worse for wear.

Blood and thunder followed as witnesses saw a splatter of blood on the grounds of the Emirates Stadium’s West Stand. Law, a married father of two, reportedly grew incensed when Keane celebrated after his former team seemingly scored an 88th-minute goal by Alejandro Garnacho, even though officials later disallowed the goal for offside.

Scott Law, the Arsenal fan who attempted to headbutt Roy Keane
Scott Law, 42 is a regular at Arsenal

Law’s mates, who know him as a £2,500 hospitality season ticket holder, claim that Keane was giving as good as he got by hurling insults at the Arsenal supporters. Trouble brewed when Keane was making his way pitchside for post-match analysis and encountered the furious Law.

Viral video footage surfaced showing fellow Sky pundit Micah Richards stepping in to separate the pair. Keane asks stewards to call the police before they usher Law away. Arsenal officials were quick on the draw, identifying Law from his electronic ticket purchase and handing his details to the authorities.

Roy Keane was invovled in an incidnet at the Emirates
Roy Keane is said to be “ok” after the shocking incident

The Waltham Abbey, Essex resident was nicked yesterday on suspicion of Actual Bodily Harm (ABH) and was bailed after a brief stint in custody.

Keane and Richards continued their punditry duties by the skin of their teeth, visibly shaken but undeterred. The pair, who have built a solid friendship off the pitch, made no public comments regarding the altercation. In light of the ruckus, Sky Sports is reassessing security measures for its team of presenters and pundits for the remainder of the season.

As the authorities delve into their investigation, the football community eagerly anticipates the saga’s next chapter. Arsenal cooperates with the Metropolitan Police, while Manchester United and Sky Sports stay silent. Law’s Essex home remains quiet, leaving the football world speculating about the incident.

Share this Article
Leave a comment